1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP with Sony FQ75 - not the normal stuff!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by astonbilla, Apr 2, 2002.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    HELP!!

I think i have buggered my Sony. I was trying to rectify bad focus on the left hand side of the screen so i entered the dreaded service menu.
    I think ive messed things up. Before when i pressed text on my remote, the screen split into one half text and the other tv. Now the text side is blurry down the left and looks like the brightness or contrast is through the roof as its very White!

Is there any way to set this tv back to factory presets or anywhere i can get a service manual

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the blurred teletext is one of the mentioned faults with the FQ.

3. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    yes i know - but a nearly white left hand side screen isn't

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,527
    i had that very same problem, with the contrast, went back to sony repair centre....apparently they cannot do a factory reset for this problem, so they say...

5. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    the strange thing is.....

Normal tv is ok, full screen text is ok and split screen is ok.

The problem is only when the screen is split text to the left and tv to the right. Also, its out of warranty now - not that Currys would have been able to fix it anyways.

6. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,527
    on mine, it was other way round, normal broadcast and all inputs, except RGB, were affected, but the text was ok, no problem!!

7. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I HATE SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I HATE SONY TOO. I had 2 fx65 sets and 1 fq75 set. all 3 had faults. The fq had 4. i now have a panasonic rp tv. GREAT STUFF.

9. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    funny, i had 3 32pf10's before i got to Sony. My first sony (fx60) was smashed at the side and had foot prints on the top of the box!! Currys said i did it!

I now have a my second FQ75. Currys replaced my first one and when i got the second one which had more faults than the first, Their attitude was 'There is no way Sony would have made more than one faulty set'

At the time i was working for pc world, so not only was there no help for a fellow DSG employee - they forgot that i serviced Sony Vaio laptops, which used to break on sight!!

NEVER, EVER BUY FROM CURRYS, DIXONS OR PC WORLD.

NEVER BUY SONY

i have a Sony dvd, tv, and amp. All have had problems. Sony should stick to what they know best, cheap ass cassette recorders!

10. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought my tv from currys and they have been fantastic. I have had 6 tv sets off them in 8 months. The faults the tvs had were all manufacturing faults and nothing to do with currys. I would ring them up and they would send out an engineer the next day. after he had verified the fault they would change it straight away. the only time they took one of the sets away was a set i had for 5 months. when they could not fix it within 4 weeks they replaced it. every time they replaced one i had the option to change brand or model. nothing was a problem to them. I guess each branch must be different. Your right about sony though. I would never buy a sony product again.

11. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    You have been very lucky indeed. Like i said, i worked for the company - i know the stall tactics. Swapping or refunding after 28 days is a MASSIVE no-no.

Count your blessings