1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with sony 940 av amp and subwoofer!!! Please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mixalot, Mar 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. mixalot

mixalot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my 940 for about 4 months now and was using it with a mission sub the sub produced a fault and it was returned for a refund. I have now bought a paradigm pdr 10 sub from richer sounds but the out put is really quiet even when i turn it up full on the sub it is still to low for a 100w rms amp(internal. I tried routing the sub through my mixer which has got a second output and it is a lot louder. Any ideas?

2. paul mac

paul mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony 840 amp which is virtually the same as the 940. I am currently running the mission 6 pack on it. The six pack contains a 70ASE sub, which is also a 100w active sub like your sub. I have no such problems, in fact the sub is to loud and has to be turned down.
    Check that you have selected subwoofer(yes) in the amp set up menu. Then make sure that you have conected your sub out from the right terminal at the rear of the amp. There are two of them on the 5.1 out panel. (top right as you look at the rear of the amp). Also make sure the sub is not set to low in the subwoofer volume menu. It might be worth reseting the amp to factory settings by holding down the power on off button for five seconds and start again. If this dosen't work it could be a faultly amp.

3. mixalot

mixalot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help

4. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Could be a fault with your lead as the response you have received covers everything I can think of (I have a 940).

------------------
    Gotta do more, gotta be more!