• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with Software to correct sound output (DTS/ETC)

schizophonic

At the moment i built my first HTPC connecting to a Demon 1910 AV Amp and 5.1 Speakers.

So far the PC composes of:
Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H GeForce 7100 Socket 775
Intel E2150 (I think)
Asus HDAV1.3 Slim

and Window7 as OS.

After a bit of mesing about with getting the right drivers for the ASUS I managed to get my mkvs working.

Configurations goes something like this (all HDMI), (mobo - HDMI output ) to (Soundcard - IN HDMI) and (Soundcard - OUT HDMI) to Demon AV1910 Amp.

Now the problem is actually getting my software (Media Player Classic -Home Cinema) to play with the right output sound. Even though the display shows DTS or Dolbe Digital i dont know if my .mkv files are actually playing that or my ASUS manliputating the sound for me.

Can someone help me in getting MPC-HC to play DTS/AC3 sound directly. I know there are things like the FFDshow filter to change but i dont know where to start?

schizophonic

Anyone?

EDIT: I've taken some screen shots and maybe someone can tell me what exactly i need to be doing.

Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim

Sound settings within Windows

FFDshow Tryout for HDMI pass through

I use MPC-HC to play all of my HD content:

When i play any DTS videos, my amp say "Multi DRCT HDP"

Any ideas

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom