Help with sky box office PPV on laptop please

Coopster79

Standard Member
I'm not a sky customer. I've registered with sky box office to buy the Khan - Brook fight this weekend on PPV.

The sky box office pages tells me to install "The web player on your PC/Desktop/Mac"> I've done this.

Questions
1 - When I open the web player programme the only thing on the screen is "head over to the sky sports box office website to get started". I click the button. It takes me to the webpage I used to buy the event. The web browser page shows that I'm logged into the sky box office site.
Q - Is this normal. When it is event day is it going to show me something else that will allow me to watch the event? Or is something wrong?

2 - Almost as importantly as making the thing work per-se, I want to be able to plug my laptop into my HiFi reciever using the HDMI out and select the "display on external screen" function on my laptop. For everything else I ever have on my laptop doing this makes the sound come out of my surround sound system and the picture come out of my 70'' screen. I am damned if I am going to watch the fight on my tiny laptop screen with its tiny speaker. But, another FAQ says something about not being able to mirror / cast to a screen from a MOBILE device - which I guess means a phone not a laptop, but I am not sure
Q - Is the process I describe above going to work, or is there some wanky feature of the sky sports box office webplayer programme that means its not going to work.

Thanks for the advice of an experienced PPV streamer in advance.

Steve

dts

Distinguished Member
You can only watch it on your laptop.

You won’t be able to use your laptop to view it on your screen.

The event will be available to watch from 6pm.On Saturday 19th of February.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom