Help with Sky+ and Freeview in 2 rooms

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Trnbl, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Trnbl

Trnbl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi I hope somebody will be able to help. I currently have my Sky+ box in my living room and a sky eye in my bedroom. I have recently cancelled all Sky packages which will take effect in July. I am looking at getting a Freeview recorder for my living room. Is there any way at all I can still use my sky eye/sky remote to control a freeview box from my bedroom? If not, how do people go about the whole multi room thing with Freeview? There must be some gadgets around to help do this?

Many thanks :)

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I thin you are about to discover just how versatile the Sky+ box is :)

There are other magic eye types of device available, but they are more complicated to set up. There are also wireless remote commanders which send IR commands back to tv's and other boxes via wireless, which you can use with ordinary RF distribution systems.

3. RichA

RichA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To piggy back on this thread......

I also currently have my Sky+ box in my living room and a sky eye in my bedroom. No intention of ditching my "Wonder+"

If Me & the Mrs want to watch different channels currently one of us has to use non-digi terrestrial.

If I put a freewiew box downstairs - before the sky+ (i.e. aerial to freewview to sky+) will I have access to all the channels.

Or, in other words, 5 channel tele comes through the aerial all split out and can be programmed to 5 seoparate channels on the tv. Sat comes as one and is programmed into my ch.6. Will the freeview be split out or will it require the Mrs to come downstairs to change channel.

Clear as mud.

Thks for your help.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Freeview boxes only recieve one channel at a time, so only the selected channel will be pumped down the cable. Also, be aware that not all Freeview boxes have RF outputs, so choose carefully ! :)