Help with shuttle/plasma/powestrip

S

Solarfish

I am trying to connect my shuttle (SN41G2) to my plasma (Panasonic) with it's natural resolution (853 x 480). I managed to do this with a laptop using Powerstrip and everything looked great. But try as I might I can't seem to get the correct resolution on the shuttle. Has anyone managed to do this, if so what settings did you make in powerstrip? For some reason my shuttle seems to want to limit the resolution to a maximum of 800 x 600 so the wider width just won't stick.

Hi,

Under the advanced display properties have you unchecked the box labled "hide modes that this display cannot display" on the monitor tab.

Cheers, Lee

Yeah I did that, but it still only shows resolutions up to 800 x 600 so powerstrip doesn't create the wider resolution required for the plasmaa :(

You probably don't want to hear this, but I don't think that custom resolutions are supported on that video adaptor. I tried this on an sk41 of a friend and ended up putting in another video card to get it to work.

Don't take this as gospel, but that was my experience.

SB

Originally posted by spamboy
You probably don't want to hear this, but I don't think that custom resolutions are supported on that video adaptor.

That is pretty much the consensus I was coming to which really is not good news :(

So the next question is can anyone recommend a graphics card that can definitely be set up to work in this way with my plasma. It will not have to do anything other than dvd and other media playback, for example no gaming and I don't really want to spend a fortune.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom