• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

help with setup

salsa

Standard Member
Please can someone help me with my setup.I have been having lots of interference and thought it might be my old humax recorder.I bought a new booster still no change bt gave me a stronger one no change,to cut a long story short I have been given a Sagem freesat recorder but after disconnecting things I dont know where the various leads go.My old humax used scart didnt have HDMI,the sagem does I would like to sort everything together so I wont use the aerial and will use sat.dish where I get a better picture,below is what I have
TV Finlux 32 H6072-D
sat.box Goodmans Freesat 101 SD
recorder Sagem DTR94320S,
Can you help this old woman please

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
How many coax cables are connected to your dish ? To properly use the recorder you need two. (3 if you wish to use both satellite boxes).

logiciel

The two leads go to a satellite receiver, and a HDMI cable goes from there to the TV.

TJT1

Yes, but salsa has two sat boxes. Do you want to use them both salsa? If so, it's not quite as simple as logi suggests for one box. Buuuut. It seems a little pointless in connecting the Goodmans Freesat 101 SD box when you have the HD DTR94320S recorder, so unless you really want/need both, just do as logi suggests with the DTR.

logiciel

Yes, you can connect one lead to each machine, but that seems pretty pointless to me!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom