1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with setup please.....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mackster, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Mackster

Mackster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please !!!!

Recently I have had communal sky installation in my apartment block. The company that installed it want £60 to fit a faceplate and to change the cable from the existing aerial amp into the new amp. That to me seems a little high as I am able to do this myself. I have done but have now encountered a problem, I have no satellite signal ! Ahh

I have buzzed out the cable back to the Amp and the connection is fine, I have also tried using a port that I know is in use by another resident so I know that the amp is fine. I suspect my problem lies with my sky box and its settings.

The sky box was purchased off of these forums just before Christmas and it’s a Sony VTX-s750u. I have been sent a freesat card from sky which I intend to use, I am not at this apartment much and don’t want to sign up for a package.

So does anyone know if there are any specific changes I need to make in the installer menu? All I get when I turn on is that “No satellite signal is being received!

Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

2. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My suggestion would be to get a known working sky box from someone just to rule out your digibox?

3. Mackster

Mackster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sinbrad, I'm going to do that this weekend, is someone able to tell me if the defauly settings on the digibox always work or do they require setting up ?

4. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always attempt a fresh installation. press the following buttons on your remote which will take you to the menu which amongst others has the menu for "new installation". press services then 4, 0, 1, 0 select. Then start the new install. Just follow the prompts on screen and at the end if everything if your cabling, connections etc are okay then you will get the sky welcome guide channel 998. If you still get the no signal after trying another box then it's probably something to do with the connections?