1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Setup of Sub please and Power Amp

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Buckster, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Buckster

May 21, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I'm going to upgrade my sub at the end of the month for a half decent one (in the 400 pounds bracket) and have the following connection query....

I have a Yamaha DSP-A5 connected via Pre-outs to a NAD C350 amplifier. Connected directly to the NAD C350 is also my NAD CD player.

So when watching TV and DVD - sub connected to LFE out on Yamaha amp and then mains driven through pre-out then into NAD amplifier.

When listening to CD - just use the NAD volume control.

Now I'm going for a more decent sub - I'd like to use the Sub with my CD -playback too to support the sound from my Tannoy M3s.

What are my best possibilites for connection ?

I think the only really way is to use the high level connection on the sub connected to the the NAD amplifier - and set the Yamaha amplifier to "no sub" so the LFE channel is output through the mains.

I can't see any other way ? Would prefer to use just LFE channel output for movies but can't see anyway then to use the sub with CD playback ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.