help with set up please

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jonezy, Sep 19, 2002.

1. jonezy

jonezy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am currently building a small set up for the kitchen. I am going to buy a 15" LCD, at the mo probably the LG15la30. This has a good picture but the sound isn't great. I have therefore put my old, but good quality Technics CD player and amp in the kitchen cupboard so I can run a couple of extra speakers. I have also chased a decent scart in and have made room for other cables. The prob I have is that the old amp only has audio in as L&R phonos and the LG doesn't have audio out.

What I was wondering is, if I buy a digibox for DTT can I overcome this problem by connecting scart 2 from the digibox to a phono converter and then the phonos to the amp? Would this give the amp audio from the digibox? If the answer to this is yes then another question (sorry!) If I attach directly my Ct100 cable into the back of the digibox and have it out again to a coaxial socket would the amp also work with my cable and analogue signals? and my digital signal via scart?

As you can probably tell I'm still learning how all the A/V connections relate so any guidance would be appreciated.

2. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is yes basically, but some old ITV digital boxes had phono plugs for audio out.

But don't pay any more than £80 for one if that's a solution.

Of you are gettting a new FTA box, the Grundig would do the job.

The Pace is good, but is a fiddle to get the sound out to an amp.

Also an old NICAM stereo video will do the same, providing you feed it a DTT signal through the AV setting.

You can't use the normal NICAM sound with DTT as there is a slight time difference in delivery.

How big is your kitchen cupboard!

3. jonezy

jonezy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't considered the time delay.