Help with Sennheiser HD598

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by JPonPS4, Feb 7, 2014.

1. JPonPS4

JPonPS4
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have recently purchased a PS4 and i like to play online with my friends. Playing with a surround sound system late at night and having little kids sleeping is a no go :(
    I have a pair of Sennheiser HD598 which i really love - quality of sound is unmatched by anything i´ve owned before. I also have a DSS turtle beach sound processor. I usually used them both connected to the PS4, when i play alone. When i want to play with friends i have no way of chatting while using them. I bought a modmic but i believe the PS4 doesn´t recognize it.

I ask this forum help with which is the best way to keep my Sennheiser HD598 and still be able to chat with friends.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

2. JPonPS4

JPonPS4
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there any other place on this forum where i can get some help on this? Thanks

3. sykotik

sykotik
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,270
    the only option i can think of, is to have the mic (you should of had one in the box with the ps4 , )
    plug into the ds4 and then have it in your ear then have your cans (Sennheiser ) over the top of them ,
    which would plug into the turtle processor which would connected via optical to the ps4

but i would guess that it wouldn't be very comfortable

i could be wrong as i don't use headset like the ones you have or any other

or buy the ps4 camera , then have your voice been picked up by that and then have the sound and speech coming though the headset

4. XasharK

XasharK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158

Don't the HD598 have a detachable cable IIRC? If so thave a look at the V-Moda boompro Mic, Thats what I use on PS4 although not attached to 598s Amazon.com : V-MODA BoomPro Gaming, VoIP Headset Headphone with Mic, Black : Vmoda Boom Pro Mic : Electronics