Help with selecting an HDMI Switch?

rattyjunk123

Novice Member
I’m about to purchase the following TV

LG OLED 48CX6LB. It’s received some great reviews and has been touted as a top notch TV for gaming with it’s low response time. It has all the latest features so I’m looking for a HDMI switch that will cater for this TV’s feature set and run well with consoles, PC’s. It would need to play well with these gaming devices, not impacting the response time of the TV and not adding to much lag through the connection to the switch

The TV will be wall mounted and the main HDMI cable from the TV will run up the wall across the ceiling and down the opposite wall where it will connect to the switch.

I plan to connect a Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, PS4 Pro, and a Gaming PC. It’s possible I’d connect more devices, although not straight way. I see all sorts of switches with various features and abilities to scale. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d assume that scaling the picture would be better off served by the TV than the switch?

Anyway, any suggestions on the best fit for my setup would be most appreciated. Lastly I thought I’d better add that I’m a big movie watcher and more than likely will also hook up a UHD player, so again I’d want something that will pass through a top notch 4K HDR DV/HDR 10 signal without pulling any punches. I do have speakers and an amp that I could add into the mix but don’t have the space yet. If the switch also has the ability to accept HD audio, Atmos etc that would be a bonus as well...

Hope you guys and girls can help

Cheers

colinstone

Also looking for HDMI switches/splitters for 2 AVRs.
Denon AVRX250BT output max 1080p from satellite receiver, 4K capable but no sat channels yet, to either TV, 1m HDMI lead, or projector, 10m HDMI lead installed 2008. All at 1080p. So I think a fairly basic one will do.
Something like Techole - Amazon productMarantz NR1711 output max 8K to TV 1080p 1m lead or Sony native 4K projector, again probably 10m lead, unless I can find 8m lead. So 4K 60Hz HDR etc, so a decent spec one.
Something like TESmart - Amazon productWhich is powered but limited to 8m cable.
Or this one - Amazon productAgain powered but up to 15m cable.
Only require one device in operation at a time. All quite complicated!!

mushii

Distinguished Member
What sort of budget do you have? I think for what you want you will be looking at the same price as a budget AVR

colinstone

Well, within reason. For some reason my links disappeared.

First one for Denon Techole at Amazon. Under £10.

Second Tesmart but 8m cable limit. Not sure how significant that would be if 10m. HSP0102A1U-UKRD
B07NS2HPNR. Also at Amazon £35.

Third one EZCOOTECH. EZ-SP12HAS. 085Q37JPR. Longer cable length. Also at Amazon £50.

Now found:
CPC Farrell have a Pro Signal PSG08040 and £35. Which seems to have all the required standards and length.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
rattyjunk123

'I plan to connect a Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, PS4 Pro, and a Gaming PC'
- you may want to reconsider a single cable connection as some of the 'modes' the Gaming PC and newer Consoles offer may require a direct connection to the TV.

'the main HDMI cable from the TV will run up the wall across the ceiling and down the opposite wall where it will connect to the switch' - possibly worth considering moving the Source kit (and future audio system) closer to the TV and minimise the HDMI cable runs.

'don’t have the space yet' - is this a temporary setup? If not I would, at least, plan around adding the audio system from the start. a good 2.0 or 2.1 system is better than a poor quality Surround or Atmos system.

Joe

rattyjunk123

Novice Member
rattyjunk123

'I plan to connect a Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, PS4 Pro, and a Gaming PC'
- you may want to reconsider a single cable connection as some of the 'modes' the Gaming PC and newer Consoles offer may require a direct connection to the TV.

'the main HDMI cable from the TV will run up the wall across the ceiling and down the opposite wall where it will connect to the switch' - possibly worth considering moving the Source kit (and future audio system) closer to the TV and minimise the HDMI cable runs.

'don’t have the space yet' - is this a temporary setup? If not I would, at least, plan around adding the audio system from the start. a good 2.0 or 2.1 system is better than a poor quality Surround or Atmos system.

Joe

Thank you Joe for your reply.... The positioning of the TV in my bedroom was mainly so I can watch TV in bed or sitting on my 2 seater couch which both face towards where I planned to mount the TV. My other devices are to the right of the bed on the opposite wall so I could mount it there. I guess it makes sense to limit the cable run.

This is a temporary setup as I plan to have a Garden room built in the future to house all my AV kit.

Thanks for the advice and seeing as I also have an old tv in the other corner for some retro consoles what you say makes more sense.

I’ll look around for a 2.1 system for the time being although not sure what to get. It may be simpler to just use the TV for sound.

I often wonder why these expensive TV, never have more HDMI connections? Not everyone wants a amp.

Cheers

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I often wonder why these expensive TV, never have more HDMI connections? Not everyone wants a amp' that will change as eARC becomes the norm and the TV becomes the switching hub of a system with either a simplified AVR or a Soundbar as the eARC enabled audio system.

Lots of great audio options - key is selecting loudspeakers which will work in your room/space available.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom