Johnnybravo87

Novice Member
I am after a bit of help, i currently have a denon 2309 7.1 avr which is working pretty well and i am happy with.

I am currently using a budget Eltax jupiter speaker system which i have had for about 8 years. (2x tower, 1x center, 2x small bookshelf). Teamed up with a B&W AS2 subwoofer

I want to get better sound and on a very tight budget and have currently come across a set of 4 Mordaunt Short Avant MS902 bookshelf speakers for £70.00

Can anyone please give me an idea of the quality of these speakers and if they are any good with denon? Also would i notice an improvement for movies against the budget Eltax set i have been using?

Any help would be appreciated as well as any other pointers and tips.

Thankyou

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-094423_Shpock.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-094423_Shpock.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 27

password1

Distinguished Member
I had the previous model Ms902. They lack bass, but not an issue as you have a sub, clear vocals. Imaging not great.

I would avoid the avant models because they have the common problem of the star shaped imprint on the cones over time.

Johnnybravo87

Novice Member
I had the previous model Ms902. They lack bass, but not an issue as you have a sub, clear vocals. Imaging not great.

I would avoid the avant models because they have the common problem of the star shaped imprint on the cones over time.
Hi there thankyou for responding i very much appreciate it.

I have read a lot of good reviews about these speakers but not from anyone i have communicated with.

I have heard the star shape is just an aesthetic thing and will not affect the sound quality or performance which i dont mind so much about if its correct.

The seller has now included the 905i centre speaker to match it.

Do you think i will gain better sound detail with movies etc over the buget Eltax brand i am currently using?

Any help or any other feedback about these speakers or the mordaunt short brand is really needed and appreciated.

password1

Distinguished Member
Personally I would avoid unless really cheap or free. The star shaped imprint is a design flaw.. They're not meant to develop the imprint on the cone over time.

Yes should be better than the cheap and cheerful Eltax

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom