Help with screen share

Espen

Am i the only one with screen share issues?
Im trying to extend my windows 10 laptop screen to my LG C9.

In windows i click "connect to a wireless display" it searches and finds the tv.
When i choose the tv its trying to connect but fails trying after 10 seconds.
It says something like: Your computer was connected to the tv, but there was a problem sharing the screen.

Other having problem with screen share from a windows 10 pc?

next010

Distinguished Member
Screen share uses miracast.

Unfortunately there are no controls in windows for miracast, it works or it doesn't with little in the way of explanation.

For miracast to work you need a WiFi adapter that is capable of 2.4Ghz and has channels free in that band, if your in a heavily congested wireless environment the needed channels might not be available. You could try disabling the internal WiFi and using another USB WiFi adapter as a long shot.

In one of MS docs for miracast over existing wireless networks they suggest opening TCP port 7250, there is a guide here on how to do it with windows firewall.

Espen

Thanks. Ill take a look at that MS doc.
I did try my older laptops and both connected without any issue.
One 13" from 2012 and one 15" also from 2012 both Macbook Pros running Windows 10.
But the one i use now is a 15" Macbook Pro from 2015 is not working.

At least i now know that its not an issue with the TV. Rather its something with my PC.
So ill have to dig deeper into that territory. Think ill start with the MS doc. I did actually try with a disabled firewall(private network) but it didnt help much.

next010

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Ill take a look at that MS doc.
I did try my older laptops and both connected without any issue.
One 13" from 2012 and one 15" also from 2012 both Macbook Pros running Windows 10.
But the one i use now is a 15" Macbook Pro from 2015 is not working.

At least i now know that its not an issue with the TV. Rather its something with my PC.
So ill have to dig deeper into that territory. Think ill start with the MS doc. I did actually try with a disabled firewall(private network) but it didnt help much.

Yeah its hard to figure out were its going wrong, you could try the event viewer (use search to find it) and that logs some errors messages in windows.

If you happen to have a chromecast or airplay device Airparrot is a far better solution with clone and extend modes a treating TV as second monitor plus its runs on Windows and MacOS.

AmesDP

Am i the only one with screen share issues?
Im trying to extend my windows 10 laptop screen to my LG C9.

In windows i click "connect to a wireless display" it searches and finds the tv.
When i choose the tv its trying to connect but fails trying after 10 seconds.
It says something like: Your computer was connected to the tv, but there was a problem sharing the screen.

Other having problem with screen share from a windows 10 pc?

Works great for me with either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz WiFi, except for one big bug: if you make a change to the TV WiFi settings, you have to turn the TV off and on before Miracast sharing will work again. Otherwise Windows tries to connect and fails, but no prompt to accept the connection appears on the TV screen.

Also make sure your laptop is set to a compatible screen resolution, like 1920x1080.

Espen

I am using 2880x1800 which is recommended by windows, i tried changing it to 1920 but it makes no difference. I was also testing with my stationary pc and that to connects without any issue.
So now i have 3 computers which connects, but the fourth which is my main one will not work:)

Figuring out the event viewer is also a task in itself as im not really sure where to look and theres a lot of stuff going on inside that app. But thats probably belongs to another forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom