Help with screen replacement!

Sandy13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My granddaughter recently broke the screen on her PSP and asked me to replace it for her. I bought a screen and everything was going fine until it came to removing the broken one. The problem is, the part which accepts the screen on the main base unit, it's the smaller one of the two, came away! does that mean it's now dead, or is there a solution?
Any help will be very much appreciated.

There must be someone who can give some input on this Guys, perhaps I should cut my (Granddaughter's) losses, and try to recover the £35 spent on the replacement screen, and bin the rest of it, what do you think?

Thanks lovelldr, The one sentence from one of your links tells me all I need to know, I think, it's this " A broken clip is the only thing that will require you to send your PSP into Sony for repair". That is exactly what I have, a broken clip, so it looks pretty glum, my Grand-daughter will not be a happy bunny!:rolleyes:

Thanks lovelldr, The one sentence from one of your links tells me all I need to know, I think, it's this " A broken clip is the only thing that will require you to send your PSP into Sony for repair". That is exactly what I have, a broken clip, so it looks pretty glum, my Grand-daughter will not be a happy bunny!:rolleyes:
glad it helped out, but sorry it's not the result you wanted :(

my guess would be that he wants it for spare parts. But don't take me as gospel on that...

An update so far;

I have received two quotes from companies, one said £90.50, as the motherboard has to be changed, the other didn't mention the motherboard, and quoted £39.99. A huge difference! I believe postage is to be added, although it's not mentioned.

An update so far;

I have received two quotes from companies, one said £90.50, as the motherboard has to be changed, the other didn't mention the motherboard, and quoted £39.99. A huge difference! I believe postage is to be added, although it's not mentioned.
Make sure you've told them everything that has been a problem with it etc, and what happened with it, and ask them to reiterate that it will be only the £39.99. Also check to ensure it includes vat. Then at least you'll know that's the max you'll have to pay (maybe with postage, but also ask that too :))

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom