Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help with scart leads please.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by PikPik Carrot, Apr 28, 2005.

1. PikPik Carrot

PikPik Carrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a little help with a problem with my consoles and a switch box.

At first I had three consoles , xbox , gamecube and ps2 all hooked up via the 3 in 1 box from argos (code 534/2361 ) and all was well , all provided an rgb signal and picture was fine. Then I got a video aswell , so I need to have 4 hooked up (possible 5 if I pull my DC out). So I searched for a 5 in 1 box that let you use you'r own scart , but could not find one , so I settled on the 5 in 1 from argos , where you have to use the stupid built in lead (code 534/1922 ).

Now this is where the problem starts.

Using this new box , when using the ps2 or gamecube I get a rgb signal , yet when the xbox is used on it , I do not , only get a composite (is that right word) signal. All pins on the box and the scart from it are wired in , so I assume it should support rgb.

So why is it doing it , to recap , ps2 through the box = RGB , gamecube through the box = rgb , xbox through the box= composite.

All are hooked are via rgb scart lead , and the xbox gives rgb if going straight to the tv or through the old box , but not with the new one. Anyone know whats up? , why is it doing this? and how to fix.

Also while on the subject , if I gotta change box , where can I get a 5 input 1 output manual box that's rgb (like me original 3 in one) , but where I can use own scart for output and not one of these dvd sized £60 one's , just a manaul one.

Thanks for the help.