1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with scaler for Pioneer 434 pls...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by murphys33, Dec 22, 2004.

1. murphys33

murphys33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am contemplating buying a Iscan HD and connect it to my Pioneer 434 and would like to seek opinios to the following concerns I have:
    1. My intention is to connect my DVD (o/p 576p) and TV tuner to the Iscan HD via components and output the scaled image via a DVI to the pioneer's HDMI in digital format. Would the HDMI of the Pioneer accept 576p / 720p or 1080 format in digital form?
    2. Would it be better if i hook it such that it component out via RGB to my pioneer instead?
    3. Which of the 2 options offer better performance
    4. Would the performance improvement be great? say more than 30% improvement?
    5. Should i hold out for the pixel magic's plasma enhancer pro which offers an output via hdmi?
    6. Since the plasma enhancer pro has limited component imput, how shd i solve the problem of having too many equipments hooking into the scaler?

Please bear with me as I am still a newbie and have only very limited knowledge as I am still reading up. Appreciate any help i can get here!

Regards,
    Murphys