Help with Samsung LCD TV's

BossHogg109

Standard Member
Have decided it is time to upgrade from our Sony CRT TV to an LCD one.

Having been into Currys today, was very impressed by the picture and styling of the Samsung ones.

Am looking at the LE37R87BD, but I also see that there is a LE37R88BD and also a LE37R87BDX.

I cannot really see the difference between the 87 and the 88, or, what difference the "X" makes - has anybody got any idea if there is any difference between them or is it simply a styling difference?

Also, would welcome any recommendations for others for around the same money?

Thanks a lot.
Matt

Scottyyy

"BR" and "BDX" mean the same thing I believe. They both stand for "Bordeaux". Not quite sure what it means though.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Have decided it is time to upgrade from our Sony CRT TV to an LCD one.

Having been into Currys today, was very impressed by the picture and styling of the Samsung ones.

Am looking at the LE37R87BD, but I also see that there is a LE37R88BD and also a LE37R87BDX.

I cannot really see the difference between the 87 and the 88, or, what difference the "X" makes - has anybody got any idea if there is any difference between them or is it simply a styling difference?

Also, would welcome any recommendations for others for around the same money?

Thanks a lot.
Matt
yes as said above BD and BDX are short for Bordeaux (just a Samsung naming convention, towns/cities I think) can be listed as either, the R87 and R88 are the same tv's with a few cosmetic changes, Blue led light and the power button on the right. The R88 series is also a DSG "exclusive" so is only sold in Curry's, Dixons and PC World.

mikl1984

yes as said above BD and BDX are short for Bordeaux (just a Samsung naming convention, towns/cities I think)
You not right
Naming conventions for Samsung:
B- Black - Case Color. May be W - White
D- Digital tuner. May omit
There are:
- Model: LE40R71B [R] S
- Model Code: LE40R71BX/BWT
To differ Model & Model Code add X to last

If we are talking about project/platform - let's talk about cities and flowers :)
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601553

Curly99

Distinguished Member
You not right
There are:
- Model: LE40R71B [R] S
- Model Code: LE40R71BX/BWT
To differ Model & Model Code add X to last

If we are talking about project/platform - let's talk about cities and flowers :)
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601553
Thanks for the info, very interesting mikl1984 :)

Curly

Icm76

These things are quite difficult to make sense of...

You not right

In Samsung monitors I think:
W = wide (but maybe in the TVs it does mean White?)
M = multimedia (adds a TV tuner)

e.g.
2032BW
2032MW

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom