• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help with samsung 55 inch screen

lost tech

Novice Member
20200908_102300.jpg
20200908_102300.jpg
20200908_102300.jpg

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Have you done what the message on screen is telling you?
Do you have a known working aerial plugged in?
What is the TV's model no?

lost tech

Novice Member
I have done what the message states. As you can see in the picture the upper left corner of the screen is white and middle section a little darker. I don't think its the LED because of the white picture, however, I could be wrong. I connected to the cable and the picture comes out, but not sharp and clear.
This is a Samsung UN55EH6000FXZA. Version CH01
Its seems like its not lighting up the top one third of the picture on the left side.
Thank you for responding

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You posted the pics on their own with no accompanying text stating what the problem was so I assumed it was no signal.
Post a pic with a source connected and a picture showing, that way we can get a clearer view of the symptoms, a screen full of snow isn’t the best thing to judge it on.

Last edited:

lost tech

Novice Member
JayCee, attached are 2 pics. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 20200911_075133.jpg
    20200911_075133.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20200911_075129.jpg
    20200911_075129.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 72

lost tech

Novice Member
Thanks for helping. Set is about 5-6 years old, just out of warranty. Funny thing was that it ran intermittently for about week, then it crapped out. I don't know. I see only 3 boards, looks like, power, "motherboard?" and AV type board. Motherboard looks like glued or screwed down from opposite side of mount so can't remove to check connections. I also do't know how to take off front screen to check if all LEDs are firing, also bottom portion connections that tie to motherboard and rest of speakers(?)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom