1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with region 1 on Pioneer 747

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gadjet, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have just recieved the new DVD and I am unable to play all my region 1 disks. I thought the dvd was multi region. I have seen the part where you place codes into the machine but the discs keep coming back out saying wrong code.
    Does this mean I have to take it somewhere to get done to play region 1.

Thank you ,

phill

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get the player from,was it advertised as being multi region?
    On the earlier Pioneer players you had to manually change the region code after a mod had been done to the internals of the player,the newer Pioneer players that are multi region are now usually automatic in that they "detect" what region the disc is and switch automatically.
    What disc is it you are trying to play or is it affecting all the region1's you have?
    If you provide a few more details I am sure people will be able to help.

3. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have tried a all my region 1,s, T2, Saving Private Ryan ect. There is a section on the machine where you enter the codes of different country,s but after entering it and loading disc it just ejects and wont play.
    I have just had the dvd from Sound and Vision. It has had no modifacations, but I thought it was multiregion and didnt need any.

phill

4. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the unit has had no modification then it will be region2 only,like I said was it purchased as multi region?
    Pioneer are part of the DVD Consortium and as such cannot provide multi region players "out of the box" as it were and so can only be multi region by modification.
    Unless it was purchased as multi region it wont be as standard.
    If there is a section where you can enter a region code as you describe how do you get to it,are you doing a series of button pushes to get to it and what is it you are changing when you do this.

5. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    In the reviews in home cinema and dvd buyer the features part say that the player is multiregion, does this mean it is but only if you get it done yourself, or it is and it will play all regions?

The area where you go to change the code is in the password section. You have to make up a password to get into the country code section. There you place in a code that equates to the disc you are playing. In the back of the manual there is a page with all country code numbrs to be entered into the machine.

At the moment everything is wrong, multiregion and worse the picture, I have got a faulty machine or I will never read another review by a magazine again. It was supposed to be No1 in all magazines.,
    Phill

6. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay,I have been looking for reviews and found one here

http://www.t3.co.uk/review.asp?rev_id=2020&category=VIS

It makes no mention of "out of the box" multi region ability,as far as the "code" you are entering is I dont know what thats about I have to admit.
    I think you best bet is to contact the people you have purchased off and try to determine exactly what it is you have purchased and if it is multi region how you go about changing it if you have to do manually.

7. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the time in helping me sort this out.
    I will ring Sound and Vision ask if it does or can you modify it,

Cheer,s
    Phill

8. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just out of curiosity what did you pay for this player?

thanks!

9. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I paid £745,

At this moment a waste of money, another store said to buy the Toshiba 900e, something like that. At the moment wish I did.
    The reviews and the SACD+ DVD-AUdio sold me.
    At this moment cant get any to work proper.
    I will put a new thread on now to see where I get it modified.,

Take care Duncan,
    Phill

10. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    the codes you are entering have nothing to do with the region.

i bought one of the little pioneer all in ones the other day for the tv room , and i had to enter this , somthing to do with parental lock if i remeber, didnt reall take much notice.

If i were you i would send it back as it should be auto switching or manual switching if it has been multiregioned.

my 737 is and they have been auto for the last couple of years now.

but tell them that you said you wanted a multiregion version when you ordered, dont say you thought it was out of the box , because they dont have to take it back if it is your fault that you bought the wrong product. An you may be left with a region 2 player and have to pay another £50-100 to have it converted.

11. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

How do you think the Pioneer 747A fairs against the
    Pioneer 656A?

12. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a 747 last month and had to pay an extra £30 for a multiregion and the shop said he had to change something to do with a dongle? I have not tried a r1 disc but i have one arriving tomorrow, I'll let you know if it works. All of the 747s are not multiregion as standard, i asked Pioneer uk!