• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help with reception and splitter

the enquirer

Standard Member
just moved into my first house and have set up my sagem hd-l32 with inbuild dtv, alkl is good except itv and channel 4 51% picture quality and about the same reception, what do i need to boost the signal and also i need a mountable wall splitter for a connection to the kitchen, (the current one is broken) i cant find these anywhere does anybody know where i can get one from thanks

vex

Prominent Member
Any standard launch amp should give you the boost you need.

If you get one that has two outputs as well then it can feed your Kitchen at the same time.

Chris

Figment

Established Member
JayCee said:
What's that? :confused:

Ditto ?

To get the sort of signal boost you will need at such a low current reception strength I don't believe a booster / splitter will suffice. You need to boost the signal at source with a masthead amplifier with probably a big 26db gain such as those made by SLX. Bear in mind that this needs to be fitted as close as possible to the aeriel and needs a power supply so high up in the loft where the down-lead enters through the roof is a good place. The signal can then be split further down the line if required. For a wall mounted splitter, do you mean a flush plate like a electrical wall socket ? if so any good DIY shop should have them. B&Q for example who also stock the above mentioned amplifier in larger stores.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom