Help with receiver

wilko888

Novice Member
Hi All. I have been looking to pick up a reasonably priced AV receiver but not sure which one? I have built a pub in my garden which I want to double up as a cinema room. The AV would need Bluetooth so I can stream music ( for the pub ) and be as cheap as possible. Pub is 3.2m wide x 7m long. Thank you peeps

gibbsy

How cheap is cheap? How many speakers do you have? Do you want or need Atmos? Need a bit more info really.

wilko888

Novice Member
Hi Gibbsy. Probably looking at 5:1 with a sub, I guess I’m not overly bothered on Dolby Atmos, however depends on the price of it really. What would and maybe even which one would have the tools for what I need? And as cheap as possible. Thanks for the reply and sorry to be so vague.

Marshall Mike

Hi All. I have been looking to pick up a reasonably priced AV receiver but not sure which one? I have built a pub in my garden which I want to double up as a cinema room. The AV would need Bluetooth so I can stream music ( for the pub ) and be as cheap as possible. Pub is 3.2m wide x 7m long. Thank you peeps
I would just go onto somewhere like Richersounds and filter the receivers by price, I would imagine most will have BT/Airplay built in. We can’t really recommend anything without an actual budget to work with. When you say cheap as possible it doesn’t help us to help you. We could give recommendations that end up costing £2k, £500 for the amp and £1500 for the speakers, but for all we know that’s way over budget.

gibbsy

You would be best looking in on a branch of Richer Sounds and having a chat to see which bundles are on offer within your budget. You can get entry level 5.1 AV amps from Denon but depends on sketchy availability at this time because of you know what.

This is one of the cheapest bundles I can find online.

wilko888

Novice Member
Thank you for the reply.
If I started off by saying the receiver will be secondhand and I had a budget of say £500? Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom