1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Receiver for 4 ohm speakers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by danfrance110, Aug 27, 2004.

1. danfrance110

danfrance110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Looking to buy some m&k k4 & k5 speakers this weekend but I also need a good receiver to power them. I have no idea what I should be looking at but I have a £1000 budget for the receiver and don't mind if the receiver is new or second hand. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was looking at yamaha 2400 and maybe Pio AX5i any opinions?

Thanks

Dan

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    for about £1k second hand you could pick up a denon avc1se possibly a 1sr. the M&Ks will sing on the end of this amp and will not struggle for power at all. as a new alternative the yamaha 2400 is a good performer, the pioneer might sound a bit bright in comparison (IMO)

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Pioneer don't recomend 4ohm speakers at all ,looks like the power supply isn't up to much.Nad or arcam might be a good bet, no doubt someone with more experience with £1000 amps will be on the next bus. :laugh: Sorry i'm wasn't much help :(