Help with rand new MIMO 32"

B

buzzin hornet

Hi al my first post here so be gentle with me.

I just recieved my Mimo last nght and although the picture is fantastic (muh better than my 6 yr old Xelos) i have found on letterbox boradcasts and on DVD's there os a slight curvature at one end of the screen .so that the black bars are lightly smaller at one end than he other. Also on the bottom bar ive noticed a"bowing" in the bar again sligtly upwards at both ends? Any ideas how to solve this?

The dealer lef me with a partof a sevice manual for my VGA card (because e didnt know how to set it up properly) so ive managed to get into the service menu and alter the geometry from 27 to 32 which has rectified a little of it but has not removed the most noticeable part in the top left handside?

Also Could some who has a MIMO 32 please write down and post ALL of the BYTE settings in their service menu with their corresponding BIT values? asI think may have changed one by accident.

Thanks for allyour help

comeon guys one of you has to be able to help maybe not even with the byte codes but what should i do about the bad alignment?

I don't know if I would ever go into the service menus on a brand new TV! :eek:

Anyway - I have an Aconda 9381 and for what it's worth I have the rotation set to -9. I've not detected any bowing of the display though that requires correction.

Are you sure you're not being too demanding?

thanks for you response
i had to go into the service menu because the dealer didnt know what to do!!!!!!
incidently i went home last night and found that with geometry set to 38 the best setting for it in the normal menu was -9!!!!
so went back in and adjusted service end of it instead
thanks for your help
As for Demanding my 6 yr old xelos was perfect (before i dropped the bugger) so I expected the same although ive never had a REAL Flat before or a 32" so didnt know what to expect
Stunning picture tho

Plz respond....need to know how to access service mode on the Mimo 32...i have the same problem as you. Ta

I understand you do the following to access the service mode:

Press the Menu button on the set and select the service menu and then very quickly press the M button on the remote control.

I've never attempted this though - good luck!

Hi,

The service menu access is the same as on my Mimo 28 - press the menu button on the TV (not on the remote). Down the bottom will be "service". Quickly scroll down using the remote then press the remote's menu button. You have to be quick as there is some kind of timer which locks out the service menu if you faff around!

I'd like to centre the 4:3 image on my Mimo (needs shifting to the right slightly). Is this the H-position setting under geometry? I'm nervous about touching anything!

Adam

Adam you can change anything without saving it. If you hit ok it confirms any changes you made. I am thinking that maybe i need to change the H position so that the downward bend on the righthand side of the screen is off the screen if ya know what i mean.

I give up, there doesnt seem to be anything in the service menu to fix what i am experiencing. Playing Sonic 2 is really bad because everthing scrolling onto the righthand side of the screen (last 8th of the tv screen) is all warped as it encounters what i suspect is a downward kink in the geometry and then scrolls past it onto the part of the screen that the geometry is perfect. Looks like this tv is gona kick the dust as well as all the other tvs unless someone has some bright ideas?

FlyingBig

If you get desperately stuck then pm me and I will email you the correct procedure for setting up east/west adjustments form Loewe UK tech.

There is more to it then just changing the very basic values.
Its pretty easy to do as long you follow the steps propely

Its in word formatt

Regards

Jack

Jack Bowyer said:
FlyingBig

If you get desperately stuck then pm me and I will email you the correct procedure for setting up east/west adjustments form Loewe UK tech.

There is more to it then just changing the very basic values.
Its pretty easy to do as long you follow the steps propely

Its in word formatt

Regards

Jack

Just incase you didn't get my e-mail ;) I would VERY much like that word document sent to my e-mail adn if ya didnt get my e-mail i sent to you then you can use this address [email protected] (don't want to rick posting my REAL e-mail address)

May as well keep all this in the same thread!

Using the adjustment instructions sent by Jack (thanks Jack!) I've managed to shift my 4:3 picture slightly to the right, so now it's dead centre.

Having done that, I've noticed that the picture seems slightly concave, and that on widescreen material, things like menus are are a touch off centre (but oddly off to the left).

Now, the first I can adjust I suppose using the E – W controls, EW Amp, EW Upper, EW Lower, Trapezium, V Bow & V Angle etc so I have a nice straight sides.

The second thing I assume is my imagination. There is no image "missing" or I can't see the very edge of the scan.

I guess tinkering in the service menu just makes me paranoid!

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom