1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with putting videos onto dvd with panasonic dmr e85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aldavies, Mar 18, 2005.

1. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me. I want to put some family videos onto dvd with the panasonic dmr e85. I don't want the video recorder attatched long-term because I will be getting rid of it when/if I have succeeded!!
    The instructions say I can connect the video to the front AV3 connection or the back AV4 connection. I have tried both, but I only get sound and no picture. I can record from the tv(direct tv recording), but that means the tv cannot be used for anything while recording is going on (and I have a lot of tapes to do!!). If I could record via AV3 or AV4, I could leave the recording carry on while we watched other programmes. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds to me like a fault either in cable you're using from VCR to E85 (but not if the same cable works fine from video to TV - can't tell from description) or a fault with your video?

Are you trying to connect the video using an S-Video lead when it has composite video output only? Exactly what connectors are you using between vcr and E85?

You don't have to use AV3/AV4 - just convenient if you have something permanently connected to AV2. Switch source to A2 and just try a scart connection between your video and E85, making sure you set AV2 input to video or s-video as appropriate in the settings menu.

I'm sure the answer will be simple - just need to check things logically so please let me know outcome of following these suggestions.

3. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks fot the prompt reply. I have my sky box plugged into av2, and it is quite awkward to keep unplugging it. Av3 would be most convenient for me, since I have no room to store the video all the time under the tv, so I bring it out when I have a few hours spare.
    I am currently using a scart adapter with input/output switch to go from video (whcih only has two scarts), to av3. I suppose there could be a problem with it-(it was only a cheap one), or could I be using the wrong connector?

4. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you set the scart adapter to output?

The switch doe sound dodgy. If you can confirm that recordings from video to AV2 are ok (appreciate that it's more convenient to use AV3 as I do for video transfers) then it just rules out any probs with the video. If all is ok using AV2 then I'd invest in a scart-phono lead for recording through AV3 rather than using adapter to phono lead and I bet that'll work.

needn't be a great quality lead - vhs doesn't justify it - probably £5-10 tops.

Let us know what happens!

5. aldavies

aldavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I bought a new cable and it works fine!!