Question Help with purchasing Receiver/Amp

jon43

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
Wonder if can get some advice from you guys

My Samsung Blu Ray rurround player recently packed up so I purchased a second hand YAMAHA HTR-5630 5.1

Been very impressed with the Yamaha HTR-5630 with its surround and effects – the amp itself never came with a dedicated remote and so got a compatible remote.

I am looking to get another model with its dedicated remote and pass my Yamaha HTR-5630 onto to friends.

But can anyone recommend me a model say under £80

I want an amp that has all the surround sound formats and effects but that has connections for Phono, Tuner (so dab radio is connected) also for CD and MD Player, Blu Ray, Freesat and VCR.
Is having HDMI connections a bonus?
(I have very little knowledge on the best way going about this)

My set up at the moment is phono lead from Freesat and Record deck and Radio is connected to the amp via audio cable and LG Blu ray using an optical to the amp. This model has no dedicated Phono or Tuner connections. The TV is a Samsung

Looking on eBay UK and so many models in various conditions and much cheaper than if bought new.

Any replies with links or model numbers so I can look at and hopefully purchase another model very soon.

What speakers are you using?
HDMI would make connecting a bluray etc. easier and also give access to HD sound formats.
You budget is low but should get you a HDMI enabled AVR but probably not one that would do 3D etc. although that is probably not an issue.
There will be lots of choices between older higher end models and newer budget ones. I am going to assume you have fairly budget speakers so would suggest looking at the newest receiver your budget allows you to get and hence go for one of the newer budget models.
If you take Yamaha for example this would be something like their 3xx or 4xx models with the xx bits being the highest number within budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom