1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dancer199, Dec 4, 2002.

1. dancer199

dancer199

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am presently running the following and am not that happy with the results, any advice on how to improve picture quality ?

Panny Ptlc 75e
    sony str db940
    svhs jvc vid hrs 4700ek
    limit dvd
    sky box

The picture dosnt seem sharp on sky or vids, dvd is ok but nothing great
    Its run through a svhs lead switched from the sony for everything.

I have just baught my dad a mitsi sl2u and plugged it in to try & its 10 times better than my panny much sharper and colours are much more vivid & bright, is this right ?

Help !

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Well, your problem could be a number of things, but 1st and foremost, your s-video connection is definately in the 'could do better' category. All of these vid. sources have RGB do they not? How about, if the PJ can accept a horizontal synch freq. of 15.625khz, using a RGB-VGA converter? If it can't and check 1st!!!! then you need the JS RGB to component vid converter, that way you get more data to the PJ, give it an even chance!

3. dancer199

dancer199

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thankyou for the reply,

I am a bit lost with the rgb thing, I dont think my sony amp has an output and if I cant swith the dvd,vid,sky from the amp what do i do, I am a bit of a novice so if the question is stupid I appologise.

I know that the projector has rgb input but how do I get three cables ie dvd,sat& vid to the projector, I do not know what the convertors are you mention, what are they & where do I get one. more importantly do I need one ?

Thanks in advance

Neil

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    If you want to switch video through your sony you are doing all you can. You'll have to ditch that ides to get a better picture. You'll need a scart switch box, to put your 3 inputs into, then RGB scart to VGA lead like the synchblaster from www.keene.co.uk making sure RGB output is enabled on all your sources. That's not usually the default. I'm a bit concerneed about whether your DVD has this facility, it's not really designed to be used with a high end display like a projector.