Help with projector set up

shar01

Novice Member
Hi there,

Apologies for the question from a clueless individual. I have tried searching for the answers on the forums albeit briefly but no joy.

I have a projector that is predominantly going to be used as a golf simulator. I was also hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and have it for the occasional viewing of movies or sports through Sky, so don't want to be spending a lot on it.

I have a projector set up essentially in a garage which is too far away from the Sky box.
The Wifi does not reach that far.
So all I have is the TV Coaxial Cable and a Magic Eye - I have a spare TV as well.

Do I have any options for connecting the Magic Eye to the Projector.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Sahil

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
SKY Box - which one and is it also feeding a TV/Sound system in the house?

Projector - which one and is there an AVR in the system.

Golf sim - you will usually want a second screen for video playback as the 'golf' screen will end up marked and is not usually taught enough for decent video payback.

Coax cable - is going to be a big limiting factor, would it be possible to run a couple of CAT6 cables out to the garage?

Joe

shar01

Novice Member
Sky+ HD box connected to a TV in the living room through amp etc.

Projector: ViewSonic PS501X ViewSonic PS501X 3,500 Lumens Projector

Golf sim: Sky Trak connected to Ipad and probably a lcd TV.

I was looking to see if I could facilitate using the existing set up coax cable. I could get a couple of cat 6 cables in. What would that help and where would they need to connect to/from.

Thanks

Sahil

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom