Help with Progressive Scan setup

esw2002

Standard Member
I have an hitachi c36wf810n tv and a harman kardon dvd 25 dvd player.When I switch the tv and dvd to prog scan the picture goes crazy and you cannot make anything out on the screen.I am using an rgb scart and region 1 dvd`s.Any advice will be gratefully accepted.I am slowly learning this home cinema game.

tman

Well, I'm nowhere near as qualified in this as some other people, and I may be corrected, but I thought progressive scan only worked over component video connections (3 x phono). If your DVD player has these outputs, and your TV has the inputs, try connecting them up using this method.

Tony

Nic Rhodes

Progressive scan doesn't work through the horrible SCART. Your hitachi has no method of getting a PS into it, you must feed it with an interlaced signal. The tv will then do its own ‘poor’ cut down ps version. The only tvs that take a ps signal here in the UK are the new Toshiba stratas via conponent, a new panny WITH COMPONENT INPUTS :), and RGBGV in a VGA input on Loewes.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom