Help with problem

G

Gary7

I had Sky TV and Broadband last year and my telephone line was with BT. In April last year I had an argument with BT because BT cancelled my telephone line for no reason and for them to turn it back on it was going to cost £70, which I was not willing to pay.

With me not paying BT £70 I had to cancel my Sky Broadband (because you need a BT Line) and TV because I wanted to pay for these services in a package and I went to Virgin Media.
Since been with Virgin Media it has been one problem after another and I am now coming to my last few months of my 12 month contract and I want to switch back to Sky. However, if I want Telephone and Broadband with Sky I need a BT Line or do I?

The reason I ask is I was told off Sky last year before I left that Sky Engineers will be installing the telephone lines rather than Sky getting BT to do it and this be rolling out by November 2008, but I have not heard anything in the news or online.

Can any one tell me if Sky are doing this or can help with a way round not paying BT?

stevelup

Distinguished Member
It depends on whether or not your exchange has been 'unbundled'

Go to Samknows Broadband - Comprehensive Broadband Information and put your old BT phone number in.

It will tell you which exchange you are on. Check and see if it lists 'EasyNet' as an LLU provider for your exchange - if it does, then you no longer need to involve BT at all. Sky will take your order and deal with it as necessary.

Steve

G

Gary7

Thank you for this information.

I have put in the old BT number in the Exchange Search and it says the OLO is NES

But when I put in my house number and postcode in Check Availability it says SKY Broadband / Easynet LLU is available.

So does this mean I don't need BT?

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Theoretically.

The next thing to do is contact Sky and see what services they can offer you.

Steve

SkyBloke77

Novice Member
Sky engineers are NOT installing phonelines. If you go to skt for your phone and broadband services, then you will be paying sky for the line rental, calls and broadband. If the phoneline needs re-installing then it will be a BT engineer that does that side of it. This will be the only time you have anything to do with BT.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom