help with price for BW speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdog

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i have 5 BW speakers that are now surplus to my needs, they are all black ash and have a few bumps and scratches on the cabinets, but no damage to anything important.
they have never been raced or rallied, and are as follows........

1 pair DM 601 S2
1 pair DM 603 S2
and 1 centre S2, the match for the above.

could someone please give a ball park figure?

thank you.

A lot of people tend to want the S3's, so the S2's are not quite as desirable. I had a full set of S3's a few years ago, 602's (F), 601's (R) and an LCR60 (Centre - which I still have).

Think I got just over £200 for the 602's, £180 for 601's and the centres (LCR60 in this case) were going for about £100.

If prices haven't changed that much (which is likely) I reckon you'd probably want to knock about £20-£40 off those prices for being S2's. I'm not sure which model of centre you have, this can make a difference, as I think there are similar B&W centre speakers higher and lower in the range (CC6, LCR600 - model numbers may not be exact but something like those).

I'd just watch some on "that auction site" over the next week, see what they end at and price accordingly.

Oh, I just noticed you said they are not in the best condition to look at as well, but all working great. I'd say you'd be wanting to definitely be on the side of at least £40 off the prices I got for mine if not a touch more.

I'd just watch some on "that auction site" over the next week, see what they end at and price accordingly.
Or just search for "completed auctions", and voilà!

cheers guys,

to be honest they aint that bad. just a few dings here and there due to 5 house moves.

think the centre is a CC6.

so £250 all in, including cables, and stands for the 601's swhould do it.

mick.

cheers guys,

to be honest they aint that bad. just a few dings here and there due to 5 house moves.

think the centre is a CC6.

so £250 all in, including cables, and stands for the 601's swhould do it.

mick.

Yeah, that would be a nice buy for someone for the set of five speakers and a couple of stands! I'm sure someone would be chuffed with those for that price - would make for a very nice home theatre setup for them. It's near enough the setup I started with... in fact my rear speakers are currently not as good as the 601's you are selling.

GLWS when you get them listed.

i have followed advice on here and checked auction sites, plus if you advertise for less folk always offer you less. £200 for 603 attracts a £120 delivered offer.

what would £120 for 603's attract?, 8 quid as long as i deliver, install, and buy them a new amp to power them lol.

If you wish to advertise then please use the classifieds section of the forums.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom