ghost5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, to cut a long story short

• My friend has had a PS3 for 6 months, but never had it online
  • I was round his last night so I made a new user on the PS as me - Chris
  • I updated his firmware but then didn't realise auto logon was enabled
  • After the restart it logged into his PS as him - Doc1
  • I then entered my email address and password for the PSN thinking I was logged on as the new user I just made

So now I have my PSN details linked to his PS3 account.

How do I delete it so he can then make his own PSN account and get online with his playstation.

I thought about deleting his PS3 user but this would then delete all his progress in games, and I'm not even sure if you can delete the master account.

Thanks

there is no way round it mate. same happended to me but my mate just started a new account, cause he didnt care much about his game saves

thats not good news. he's not gonna be happy when he finds out what ive done.

how about if i delete the PS user then recreate it with the same name. will his saves still work?

edit:

im gonna go and try this on my PS

i think i worked it out

diable auto sign in to network, then click sign in and enter the new email and password

still need to test it

you are right there's no way around it.

i now get the error you cannot sign in with another users ID (email address)

:thumbsdow

The only game that he is bothered about loosing his game saves is GT5 - he has it on disk

I have a fat32 usb drive.

If I go round his house is it possible to transfer the game save to disk, delete the account on his playstation, create a new user, sign him up to PSN, then put his GT5 game save back on to the playstation and he can carry on from where he left off?

If so how?

Thanks

Last edited:
I've just done this on my mates PS3.

His user id has his Motorstorm PR game save but my PSN account is tied to his User ID.

Don't suppose anyone knows if this is undo-able do they??
:lease:

Can't you just deativate your PSN from his user?

How to deactivate your PSN from his user - Go onto Account Management > System Activation > PS3 > Game > Deactive

That should work mate, however I may be wrong.

Good luck, Zain. :smashin:

I believe you can actually copy the game saves over to other accounts. Just select the game save, press triangle and Copy.
So if you create a new login for him on the PS3, you should be able to copy them over and just remove the account with your ID on.

I believe you can actually copy the game saves over to other accounts. Just select the game save, press triangle and Copy.
So if you create a new login for him on the PS3, you should be able to copy them over and just remove the account with your ID on.

Some game saves you can copy over, but, some like Burnout Paradise are 'tied' to the PSN, but it's worth giving it a go.

:thumbsup:

He's created a new User ID on his PS3 and entered his PSN details on the new user.

We've also tried to Deactivate my account on his original User ID to see if he can use his PSN id on his user account. Didn't work.

Tried to copy his MS:pR game save over from the one user ID to another. You can't - it's copy protected.

So now he has deleted the original User ID off his PS3 and has lost his MS:pR gamesave and trophies and will have to start again from scratch

I find this a bit crap really, the user id and PSN id being locked together.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom