1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Plasma over 55"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rgogin, Dec 26, 2004.

1. rgogin

rgogin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, i found this forum the other day and it has already helped me loads, i nearly bought the Optoma 65" Rear Projection System.

Im looking for a 55" Plasma screen, but the prob im facing is most comapnies treat these as buisness systems and dont come with enough Scart, S-Video connections for your usual equipment at home.

Does anyone know of a 55" + with multiple connections..??

Thanks

Rob

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well you don't have that much choice at that size.

The Hitachi 55PMA500E is a 55" with the standard Component Video (YUV), Composite Video, S-Video & Scart (RGB/ Composite) inputs.

The Panasonic TH-65PHD7 is a 65", yet to be released, and will have the usual three expansion slots for any combination of inputs you need.

Also, Pioneer are releasing the PDP-615EX soon which is a 61" screen with an impressive connection line-up of Composite video In (BNC), Composite video In (RCA pin), S-video In, Y'Pb'Pr' In (RCA pin x3), RGB In (D-sub15), RGB, HD, VD/Y'Pb'Pr' In (BNC x5) & HDMI In.

But whichever you choose you should really think of teaming it up with an external scaler such as a Lumagen ProHDP or a Crystalio - maybe even an iScanHD+ - to get the most out of the setup, plus it will provide you with more input options as well...and put aside a few hundred for a professional calibration of the setup.

Cheers, Lee