Help with PJ-TX100 connections to Sky and Denon DHT500

D

daddymac_01

Afraid I'm a complete noob when it comes to Projectors et al, so apologies if I'm missing something really simple, but I have a Hitachi PJ-TX100 projector, a Denon DHT-500SD DVD/Home Cinema system and a standard sky box and I'm struggling to connect them together. What I basically want (if possible) is the following:

Sky connects directly to Projector, Sky audio outputs to Denon, so I can watch sky via the projector but with sound via the Denon's speakers. DVD connects directly to the projector via component cables (they're both progressive scan so I think I need component). The Denon manual recommended connecting directly rather than via a video machine, so I assume it's best not to try and connect via the Sky box either?

I've tried using the composite connectors (with scart adaptor) to connect the video out on the sky to the Hitachi, plus the Sky's audio out to the Denon, but not a peep comes out of the speakers. I've also tried connecting the Sky box to the Denon and then the Denon to the projector and I can get sound but no picture, so I'm clearly doing something completely wrong!!!

I'm also using the component video connectors on the Denon to connect to the Projector and that bit works fine for watching DVDs, but how do I get the TV to work via the projector??? :( If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it... Connectors are as follows:

Sky- 2 Scart (one in, one out I assume?) and 2 L/R audio outs
Projector- DVI, Component, Composite, S-Video
Denon- Scart out, Svideo, Component out, 2 composite in, 1 composite out, 1 video out

I think that's about right- please help if you can!

Denon wants stereo connection from Sky, surprised you got no sound when you tried this before. Probably something daft like selecting the correct input on the Denon since you got it working eventually.

Denon DVD should indeed run component.

Best for Sky would be to run a scart to VGA lead to the VGA socket on the projector. Use the "TV" scart on the Sky box (go into menu, picture settings, select RGB output, 16:9) and I think you've gotta select STB or RGB on the projectors input settings.

Cheers for the reply Liam, glad to know I'm doing the right thing on the DVD side. The problem with the sound from the sky box isn't the input though- I've cycled through all the inputs (TV, Radio, Video 1 and 2) and I think (given that I'm plugging the 2 audio output pins from the sky box into the 2 audio inputs on the Video 2 input on the Denon) that I should be able to hear sound when I have the Denon on Video 2, but I get nothing... I'll have another look and make sure I was connecting Left to Left and Right to Right- any other suggestions as to what it might be?

I think when I managed to get sound but no picture I was actually playing around with my old TV- I connected the TV scart from the sky box to the TV, and the other scart to the DVD player, but I think the problem there was that the scart on the Denon is an output not an input Scart...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom