Help with pioneer

falcoron

Standard Member
Anyone know how to take the top menu off the screen? Pioneer blu ray player LX88
I must have pressed something on remote and now cant get rid!
tried resetting from start but no joy
Nothing in the manual
E165ADDD-99AD-42FE-BA60-6CB29C514EA3.jpeg

any pioneer owners know?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Tried pressing the “Top Menu” or “Display” or “Pop Up Menu” buttons on the remote?

falcoron

Standard Member
Sorry doing in separate pictures
Pop up gives this, same when hit top menu
Hit Display button and turns off picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

gibbsy

If it's the same as my LX500 then you have to go to the info button. Click on it and the display should go off.

gibbsy

If that doesn't work then press display on the remote.

falcoron

Standard Member
Sorted
When I did a reset I just switched off and on again but no difference, I then turned off abs disconnected from mains fir 10 mins or so.
Reconnected turned on and did an initial start up from the beginning
Seems to have sorted it
Cheers

gibbsy

It's the display button, top right on the remote. I'm running the LX500 right now and checked. Exactly the same display comes up, one press on, one press off.

falcoron

Standard Member
No it’s doesn’t work on this, if I press display while there is picture on the tv it turns off the display. I hit again and the display is on again but the top menu stayed.
No matter what I did, including what the manual says, it didn’t go away. I had to disconnect from the mains and then do initial start up as a new owner! Too bloody complicated compared to my wee Sony! But one hell of a picture and sound when playing

gibbsy

No it’s doesn’t work on this, if I press display while there is picture on the tv it turns off the display. I hit again and the display is on again but the top menu stayed.
No matter what I did, including what the manual says, it didn’t go away. I had to disconnect from the mains and then do initial start up as a new owner! Too bloody complicated compared to my wee Sony! But one hell of a picture and sound when playing
As that solved the problem. The player can be customised so often it's best to do a factory re-set and start from scratch. It can be somewhat involved to set up but my LX500 and the LX58 before it didn't need hardly any adjustments as they were/are so good out of the box. Some people like tinkering, I'm not one of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom