Help with Pioneer DVL909

A_Venables

Novice Member
Ive just bought a dvl909 of ebay, powered it up and its just making noises, Ive bought a CLD2950 before and had the same problems, opened that one up, it seemed to be something to do with the dual sided transport motor cogs not working, so my question is, is this worth trying to repair? The blue light above the trays flashes and the display shows stop and open when either tray eject buttons are pressed, and it will go in to standby mode, but thats it, neither tray will open. Can these be repaired? :lease:help!

John Henry

Novice Member
Have you tried contacting the seller regarding the problem?

I've got a 909 and I had it repaired once from Videotec and it cost alot, this was after the previous idiots who tried to repair it failed.

A_Venables

Novice Member
How much did this cost? What failed on yours? Where is videotec? Thanks for replying, the unit is in good condition and apart from this slight problem it seems to work, would really like to get it working!

John Henry

Novice Member
The first repair from the idiots cost £90 but it was sent back a few times as they didn't do the job right, in the end I gave up and sent it to videotec and they managed to repair it.

Including the courier service it cost me £250.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom