1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PC switching on Pio 434HDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Senninha, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Senninha

Senninha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Pio 434HDE (no speakers), which is hooked into a Pio C501 receiver. The receiver happily switches the screen inputs and sound between STB, DVD etc.

Now I want to hook my PC in, using the PC input on the front of the media box. This is fine, but what can I do about the PC sound? I can plug it into the media box, but then there are no speakers for it to connect to. I could connect it to input 4 of the receiver, but then selecting input 4 on the receiver will not switch the screen to the PC input using SR+. I would need to disable SR+, select the sound source, then select the PC input.

Am I understanding this correctly? Is there no easy, automatic way to hook up a PC, routing the sound through the receiver, and selecting simply as I do with the three other sources (STB/Scart, PS2/Scart, DVD/HDMI).

Thanks for any help!

2. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you have a sound input into the AV reciever?

3. Senninha

Senninha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    There are inputs available in the receiver, namely the front (AV4 I think). Problem is that selecting "DVD" with the receiver remote will select the DVD sound on the receiver, and will switch the TV to "DVD" via the SR+.

I think if I select "AV4" the receiver will not tune the TV to the "PC" input. I haven't tried this to be sure, but nothing like this seems to be covered in the manual. It seems AV switching is handled over SR+, but I was wondering if anyone knew about PC input switching.

4. Senninha

Senninha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    *Bump*

No-one any idea? Looks like the "suck it and see" approach. I'm off work this week, so was hoping to mess around and get everything hooked up.