Help with parts for my first gaming pc

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by AfroMex1can, Aug 16, 2013.

1. AfroMex1can

AfroMex1can
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm new to pc gaming (as I've always just played xbox) but would like to build my first gaming pc. I have been looking around online and have picked out some parts and would like to know if they will work together/are compatible (especially if the processor is good enough and wether it would fit in the case). I would also be open to any ssuggestions about different parts.

Parts I've chosen: Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard
    AMD FX-6350 Black Edition CPU processor
    Asus Nvidia GeForce 2GB GTX 670 DirectCU II graphics card
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB memory
    Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB*hard drive
    Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W cpu
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R case

2. cylonwarrior

cylonwarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    It looks decent for a first time build. I would go up one tier with the CPU. the FX 8350 maybe, also add a small SSD boot drive. You could consider a 7950 over the 670.

The board you have chosen is not going to allow for a crossfire configuration in the future, so that is something to think about. In which case the PSU is slightly overkill. The CX600 would be prefectly capable for this build.

3. Bugbait

Bugbait

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I'm out of touch with AMD offerings but I can suggest you look at the XFX Core Edition line of PSU's. They offer very good value for money since they're made by Seasonic and arguably a step up from the Corsair CX series which are manufactured by Channel Well. In terms of price they're usually within a few pounds of each other. Most entry to mid level gaming PC's won't demand more than 500W in single card configuration. Most will run fine at 400W, depending on the GPU of course.

4. Mcm4mcm

Mcm4mcm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cpu is fine, it is unlocked so you can take it up way beyond 4.4ghz easy, there are some very good deals on the gtx670 so do not pay more than £189 for one, psu is more than enough, ssd for a boot drive great idea, lots of options but you do not need the fastest to see improvement over hdd, i use a £80 120ghz ocz 4gaming and on my htpc a cheap £35 mini ssd card by sandisk, for browsing the web without the sound of a mechanical drive, you can't beat them.