• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with Panasonic TH-42PX25! Snowy!

Tiamat265x

Standard Member
Hi, my brother in law just upgraded his home entertainment center. He is giving, yes giving me his Panasonic 42" plasma. I arrive at his house, he shows me a dvd on it so I can see the quality (he used a dvd player connected with the HDMI cable). It looks fantastic. Crystal clear. We load it into his minivan, bring it to my house, hook it up to my PS2, Wii and component DVD player and there are lines ALL over the screen. The image is distorted and snowy, the little lines that move all over the screen are like little 1-inch red horizontal lines that appear and disappear. I think we did this to ourselves. We apparently did two things wrong:

1. We transported it on it's back
2. We used windex to clean the screen (sprayed on the paper towel, not the screen itself, but still)

Do I need to take it to a repair shop or is there something I can do? If needed, I can post a video of the screen quality on youtube.

Thank you for all your help! This really stinks! =(

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom