1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Panasonic TH-42PE30B.....Sorry

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Degas, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all,

I am looking to buy a Panasonic TH-42PE30B and have 3 questions:-

1. Does this screen have a decent VGA/DVI input socket so I can hook it up to my shuttle PC, if so has anyone done this and is the picture decent.

2. I know it has an integrated digibox but does this mean I can plug my SKY card directly into the Plasma and get rid of my Sky DigiBox.

3.Where is the cheapest place online to buy it, I want a tabletop stand and not the full thing (unless the full stand is very cheap)

Thanks.

2. Andy C

Andy C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. It does have a VGA port, the problem is it's on the front of the display - not an issue if you don't mind seeing the cable.

2. It has a Freeview tuner integrated - you will still need a dedicated digibox for anything else.

Andy.

3. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Degas, try Currys on-line, punch in the promo. code DCBYAW you should get it for under £2600. If you want an extended warranty like I did (5 years) try John Lewis who have a price match, I got mine that way, cost £2799, price matching it from Richer Sounds. Depends what you want, some dealers are throwing in free dvd recorders, interest free credit etc., happy shopping buddy. Regards.

4. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That looks excellent Starky, I have found it for £2,599 at empiredirect, however looking at the John Lewis website it mentions nothing about the price match feature, any ideas?

5. marcm

marcm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Degas - The Currys price is now showing web only offer of £2649 - if the 7.5% off code still works that makes it £2450 -code DCBYAW to get the extra discount. But you can't use that to price match.

6. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats pretty good, I don't think the code DCBYAW works, would John Lewis price match at the price of £2,649 due to it being a web price?

7. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Degas, JL's will not price match anything on-line, just go into one of their stores and tell them you want to price match it with a cheaper competitor, once they've checked it out over the phone your in business, the other shop has to have the goods in stock though. Regards.