1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with panasonic projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dancer199, Mar 6, 2002.

1. dancer199

dancer199

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help with panasonic.

I have tried to order a panasonic ptl702e projector but Ive been told they have been discontinued. I have however ordered a ptl75c whice hasnt arrived at these shores yet (suppost to be 3 weeks) has anyone any idea of what these are like and if its a good buy for £2300. I am a bit new at this so any help & advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have also been told that rgb connects will be better than the s-vhs to run the projector, is this right ?

My kit comprised of a sony str db940 amp
    limit dvd player
    JVc S-vhs video
    eltax reference floorstander fronts
    extax centre
    mission m1 rears
    315 gale cable
    projector fed by standard s-vhs cable (15m) from sony

thanks

neil

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Dancer199

The only PT-LC75's that have been doing the rounds are pre production - we had a play with one a few weeks ago.

Until we see a production model in the flesh its impossible to say how it fairs - I'm surprised that you have jumped into a £2,300.00 projector without seeing it first; what's the rush?

Regards

Joe

PS Are you absolutely convinced you cannot pick up a PT-L702e!

3. dancer199

dancer199

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    joe,

thanks for the reply

I have rang round a few places for a 702e but no-one seems to have one, (any suggestions ?) The reason for the rush is that I had a Mitsi lvp s50u which I dropped and the insurance company have agreed to replace it to a value of £2500. I am pretty desperate for a replacement as I dont have a tv in my lounge. Eveything runs through the projector, sky, normal tv, video, dvd etc

Do you think its wise to buy a model thats just out of production.

I was mainly going for this because of the 4000 hr lamp life and the 500.1 contrast. any suggestions

dancer