1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with panasonic DS38

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by useless, Nov 18, 2001.

1. useless

useless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering buying a Panasonic DS38
    can anyone tell me what its low light recording is like
    and how it compares to sonys nightshot
    thank you to anyone who replies
    useless

2. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, --- (I am loath to call you by your chosen name, as everyone has their own special skills) !
    The Panasonic has a nightshot feature that will work in total darkness, by emitting it's own infra-red beam to illuminate the chosen subject. I find the range to be about 6-8 feet, and the footage is in black and white, and a little grainy. I belive that this is the case with most of the Budget/middle price camcorders.
    Filming in the normal mode, it does not "see" as well as my friends old analogue Sanyo camcorder. But the Panasonic obviously leaves it standing in good light conditions, and the spec of the NV-DS38B is outstanding for the price, particularly for video editing, --- (DV & Analogue in & out)
    Have a read of the excellent review by Jamie Ewbank in the review section of this site.
    Good luck, --- Alan
    :)