1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Panasonic DMR-HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NickVardy, Jul 27, 2003.

1. NickVardy

NickVardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

A little help needed if possible for anyone who has a DMR-HS2. I have recently bought this and spent the other day setting it up. All was going well till I tried to hook up my VCR, in order to archive my old VHS tapes.

I have it connected up as per manual. The DVD recorder AV1 hooked up to my tv and AV2 hooked up to my SKY digibox. The VCR is hooked up between the 2nd scart on thr VCR into the S-Video in on the DMR-HS2.

I can record off SKY but anytime i play the VCR I can't get it to pick it up. I have set the Input select to AV3 as suggested in the manual.

Has anyone else had the same problem or managed to get it working okay ? Would love to hear from anyone with ideas for me,

Nick

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The 2nd Scart on your VCR may be an input only, not output to your HS2. The S-Video input will only accept correctly an S-Video signal, is your VCR S-Video ?
    Try a Scart into your SKY digibox directly from your VCR, switch SKY digibox into Standby, then try to record SKY as normal, the HS2 should record perfectly from your VHS tapes instead. :)

3. NickVardy

NickVardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah the VCR isn't S-Video to my knowledge so that may explain. Thanks for your suggestion, I shall try hooking it up as you say and give it a go..

4. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Don't forget that the output from sky is rgb and the vcr isn't. You will have to alter the hs2 input to suit.

I find it best for occasional recording from a video to connect directly between the 2 and set the input to video, then reconnect after I am finished.

Personally I keep the digibox rgb out connected to the hs2 in, the hs2 connected to the rgb in on the tv. Then because if you are recording an analogue program in the hs2, you cant view sky directly, I connect the second digibox out to the video in, and the video out to another scart on the tv. This gives an alternate way to view sky whilst the hs2 is recording, and I can playback occasional video recordings easily. I could even do a vhs recording from sky as well at a pinch, but rarely need to now.