Help with Panasonic 95 and Freeview box set up please

1439nick

I have my Panasonic dvd recorder going into AV1 of the TV via scart and my standalone dvd player into AV2.
I use AV2 on the dvd recorder for my VCR connected via scart when i'm archiving VHS onto dvd. It all works fine.

I have now purchased a Panasonic CT 30 freeview box and i must admit i am confused of how to link it all up together.

Do i just add the digi box inbetween the dvd-r and tv. ie dvd recorder to digibox by scart and then another scart from digi box to AV1 of TV. If so do i need to run a second scart from DVDR AV2 directly to the TV for playback. Does the digibox also output in RGB.

Would appreciate anyhelp as i am tied up in knots at the moment! Thanks guys.

Ah, it gets complicated, doesn't it? Assuming that you rarely use the VCR I would take it out of the loop and just re-connect it when you need it. Replace it with the digibox, so that you can record digital TV on your E95.

I have AV1 from my digibox going to AV2 on my E95, and AV1 from the E95 going to one of the sockets on the TV. I also have AV2 from the digibox going to another socket on the TV, because the E95 doesn't pass through the video signal when it's turned on but in timer mode.

I don't know whether the CT30 outputs RGB but I suspect that it does. It'll probably only do RGB from one of its sockets and that will probably be AV1. The manual should tell you.

Actually I just downloaded the manual from Panasonic's site - it does RGB from the scart labelled 'TV', so if you want to record in RGB quality plug that one into your E95, not the one labelled VCR.

I would take it out of the loop and just re-connect it when you need it.

Better still, simply the VCR permanatly connected to the composite and phono audio in/outs on the E95. You will need to purchacse a Scart to 6 phono cable though.

Thanks very much.... i was getting extremely frustrated with it last night, could always get some of it working but never all in unison.
Will try your arrangement tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom