1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Panasonic 42PWD6 W/S Switching

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Chakkie, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Chakkie

Chakkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that this panel can widescreen switch using pin 8 on the scart but I seem to be having problems with this working.

I am using the panel with the Scart Terminal Board (TY-42TM6TB). The screen is set to Auto and when a widescreen signal is fed in through either Sky + or my DVD player the panel just Zoom's to fill the gap instead of switching.

Anybody had this problems or got any ideas. Am I correct that this screen can switch properly ?

2. nickc

nickc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try,

setup -> signal -> panasonic auto (4.3) set this to 4.3

check your dvd and sky are set to 16.9

this may not help, Hope it does :)

3. Chakkie

Chakkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I have tried but to no avail. Both Sky and the Pioneer DVD are both set to 16:9.

When the feed is pluged into my Panasonic 28" W/S in Auto mode it will switch to WIDE so the feed from PIN 8 is getting through. It just appears the Panel with the Scart board is not picking this up or I have a setting wrong somewhere.

Either that or the panel does not W/S Switch ! Should it ?

4. nickc

nickc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it should, its normally pretty good.

5. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +589
    Mine is set to 'Just' and switches fine with all thrown at it, it could be that my feed is through a Quintro box but the scart board is still used for the Quintro to Plasma scart link?????

6. Chakkie

Chakkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nictry, i'm also using a Quintro Box. I have tried with or without the box fitted. I'm gonna try all different leads later.

Could be my screen. Before I got back to the supplyer I just really wanted to confirm the screen does widescreen switch. If I watch an anamorphic film from either Sky or DVD and the setting is on AUTO it just fills the screen and gets instead of Switching to 16:9. If have to manually go through the options and put it into 16:9 myself.

Nictry, does your panel display anything on the screen when is switches to let you know ??

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Personally I find w/s switching works on maybe 30% of scart connections to PW6 plasmas. This is not a large sample, we rarely use it, maybe 10 installs. The device in the sticky above is said to be much more reliable, but I have yet to find a customer who cares that much, and in any case you have the 'aspect' button on the remote. I know it's annoying when things don't work, but it's not the end of the world.