Help with obscure panny e50 teletext feature

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by derb, Apr 27, 2003.

1. derb

derb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you might not have noticed this neat feature so I thought I might bring it to your attention and try to make it work.

On p. 65 of the manual it refers to a teletext-based "title extraction" feature. "In case of a TV station with Teletext information, the name of the TV station is recorded automatically" once you give the panny the right "title page" for each station. But can anyone tell me what the appropriate title page would be for channels 1-4? (Unfortunately, digital cable doesn't broadcast the teletext for other channels). Has anyone else tried this and got it working?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    THe HS2 has the same feature and if it is available puts the program title on the file info. Not all channels transmit though, and none of the sky channels, so it is largely a waste of time.
    A few days ago I recorded from either channel 4 or 5 and the title was that from the following days program at that time, so it isn't even reliablein use.

3. derb

derb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since you have obviously set it up, could you tell me the right teletext numbers so I can try it out for myself?

4. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It appears to work automatically, if the program name is available, it uses it for the title, unless you have already inserted one yourself on the timer record setting. I certainly didn't have to do anything to get it working, but perhaps it is set up by default on the HS2 where it is obviously more usefull with the large number of programs that can be on the hard drive at any time.

5. derb

derb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hm - I wonder if the fact you didn't set it up helps to account for its limitations? If I'm right, Teletext 120 on ITV gives "now and next" info. Unfortunately, I don't actually have a working teletext viewer so I can't tell! I will try it and see...

6. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it has always done this on my E30, I didn't have to do anything to set it up!????