Help with new set up

gixer08

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks hoping someone can help with basic set up of new system. Recently got back into listening to some vinyl, cos etc. I purchased a teac tn-100 turntable and a Cambridge audio topaz AM1 amp. At present I have just used a couple of basic speakers I had lying around but wish to get something better speakers wise.
Seen a pair of revolver purdey floorstanders and a pair of jbl es 30 shelf speakers second hand I'd thought might do my requirements. Would either of these be suitable or could anyone recommend something better new within a reasonable budget?
Regards Andy

You have to give us a working BUDGET or at least a budget range.

And, how much space do you have available? That is .... the dimension of the room and the seating distance from the speakers.

Floorstanding or Bookshelf? Though to some extent the answer is dependant on the size of the room.

If you want big speakers at rock bottom prices, probably can't do better than these -

YAMAHA NSF51Black Speakers Per Pair

But given that I have no idea what you are looking for in a speaker or how the speakers will be used, I can't actually say that those speakers are suitable to your circumstances.

In bookshelf, for quality speakers at rock bottom prices, hard to beat the Diamond 9.1 -

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers (Pair) - Superfi

But we really do need some sense of your working budget, and the available space, and how the system will be used.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom