Help with New Series X Console Settings for the Best Optimisation for LG CX OLED TV

bery_451

Hi,

I have a LG CX OLED TV that has built in Dolby Atmos. Like to take full advantage of this tv only.

- Does HDMI-CEC setting mean whenever I turn on my xbox, my tv will turn on automatically too and switch to the right hdmi input automatically? I enabled this setting but not working.

- Shall I enable setting YCC 4:2:2 for my tv?

- Shall I select 8-bit, 10-bit or 12-bit for colour depth setting?

- Allow Passthrough setting, what is this? My TV has built in dolby atmos, enable it?

- Pass Blu-Ray audio directly to your receiver setting, I don't have a receiver but my TV has built in dolby atmos so shall I enable it?

- Let my receiver decode audio blu-ray, my tv has built in dolby atmos so does receiver means my tv? Is it best to let my tv decode or xbox console to decode audio for best sound quality?

- Allow adding guest setting, does this allow guests to turn on my xbox console and play games without signing in into any profile or guest can be joined as player 2 for main player 1 already signed into profile?

- Back up my console settings, which usb port on the xbox series x console do I use to backup my console settings and will any usb drive work?

Cheers,

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
This is a good place to start;

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Okay thanks the video helped me with the video settings that he just covers.

Can you help me with the other non video settings like sound, accounts like I mentioned above?
Not really with the sound options, I only use headphones.

Allow adding guest setting, does this allow guests to turn on my xbox console and play games without signing in into any profile or guest can be joined as player 2 for main player 1 already signed into profile?

I assume this Xbox is set as your home console? (will be if you only have one) Then yes someone signed in or not should be able to play the games on it.

Back up my console settings, which usb port on the xbox series x console do I use to backup my console settings and will any usb drive work?

You can use any USB drive or port to do it, if you really want, but the console settings are also saved in the cloud/against your account.

bery_451

Not really with the sound options, I only use headphones.

Allow adding guest setting, does this allow guests to turn on my xbox console and play games without signing in into any profile or guest can be joined as player 2 for main player 1 already signed into profile?

I assume this Xbox is set as your home console? (will be if you only have one) Then yes someone signed in or not should be able to play the games on it.

Back up my console settings, which usb port on the xbox series x console do I use to backup my console settings and will any usb drive work?

You can use any USB drive or port to do it, if you really want, but the console settings are also saved in the cloud/against your account.

Yes its the only xbox console I have. Just to clarify anyone can play games on it whether they are signed in or not if I enable allow guests?

Okay how do I backup my console settings to the cloud/against your account as I cant see this option in the xbox series x settings?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom