Help with new GTX 1650 install on older computer

LandsB

Novice Member
Hi all,

I purchased a GTX 1650 to try and upgrade the GPU but am having an issue.

Summary: Older computer I'm looking to upgrade.

My computer/ motherboard:​
Computer: HP Pavilion HPE h8-1120
Motherboard:​
IPISB-CU (Carmel2)
Manufacturer: Pegatron​
BaseBoard: 2AC2​
My current video card:​
AMD Radeon HD 6570​
PCI Express 2.0 x16​

I've installed the 1650 in the HP - it beeps once at the HP startup page (the one that shows "hit ESC to enter startup mode") then beeps a few more times. I can't get past that. The keyboard and mouse don't seem to work.

I've looked around the forums and see mention of UEFI, bios updates, uninstalling old drivers first, etc...

I used DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers from my old card, shut down, inserted the new 1650 and restart. Still get the single beep then 3 or 4 more on the HP screen and it never moves past that.

I looked into a bios update - it currently has a bios from July 2011. The last bios update Feb 2012. I can't imagine that 7 months would make a difference for the 1650 video card installation given it's 2020.

Could I be wrong?

I'm wondering if there's some setting in the bios or some other setting dealing with UEFI or something else that might help?

I had the machine open when I tried to boot and the fan on the 1650 was spinning (not sure if that means much but....)

Any thoughts?

next010

Distinguished Member
Person with similar problem here with explanation.

It seems newer GPU's no longer ship with a legacy bios that the old HP needs to initialize the video past the bios screen.

Some GPU cards have a bios switch on them to activate the older mode but if you dont have that then you could be out of luck.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom