• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with New Dell Desktop Please

shinerz

I've just received my new desktop today but I've just plugged it all in and hit the power button.....

The unit powers up but on the monitor I'm getting loads of strange patterns and colors flashing I've tried it first on my LCD then thought I'd try it on my old CRT but I get exactly the same display.

Anyone got an idea whats up please?

Its a Dell Inspiron 530 Qaud Core

stu.artd

Call Dell and they will probably talk you through removing a side panel from the case and then making sure the graphics card is seated correctly. As the system is not making any 'error beeps' sequences then the card should be seated OK, however they'll probably want to check it.
However it sounds like the graphics card is faulty.

shinerz

Call Dell and they will probably talk you through removing a side panel from the case and then making sure the graphics card is seated correctly.
However it sounds like the graphics card is faulty.

Its has an onboard gfx as I want to upgrade that myself as they are too pricey

shinerz

If you've got a graphics card there then try that in the PC. I think it'll be OK with a dedicated card.

Not purchased as yet PC only arrived today :( I've just noticed an LED lit on the motherboard 'C564r369' so going to try and see what this is :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom